Monday, October 19, 2009

Swirly Cake

This was originally posted on my personal blog, but I am moving the crafty stuff over here (slowly).

I mostly have the opportunity to make cakes for kids, which I enjoy, but in April I got the chance to make a cake for a friend's 40th birthday party. It was a fun chance to take on a challenge. I made a 12 x 12 chocolate cake from scratch, thick and moist, with chocolate pudding between the layers. It was the biggest cake I've ever made, I think.

Here's the result.

This is actually a quilting design I found. Can you imagine quilting that?



Basket weave on the side


The birthday girl gave me the nicest compliment on the cake, saying it was nicer than her wedding cake. She went on to tell a wreck-tastic story, like one that would be featured on Cake Wrecks, so I suppose it could have been a better compliment, but still it was nice.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Thanks for the link to Cake Wrecks. Funniest site I've seen in a long time. Your cakes are gorgeous though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...