Monday, December 3, 2012

Advent Begins!

So, we're off to a good start with Advent this year. Although it was a busy weekend making this cake on Friday:


and celebrating mister evangelist's birthday Friday night by going out for fantastic mexican food and then to Meghan Smith's concert, I managed to get the house tidied on Saturday in time for Saturday afternoon nap time when Isaac took a nap and Zoe helped me decorate the tree (Simon happily played on the computer uninterrupted). Decorating the tree was Advent Activity #1.


Advent Activity #2 was Watch a Christmas movie with popcorn. We chose two movies: "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Two of my favorites.


Today's activity is making cinnamon dough ornaments. I used this recipe here, except I forgot to check it ahead of time and used pumpkin puree instead of applesauce because I'm out of applesauce. The dough is all made and ready for when the kids get home from school. My hands smell like cinnamon and soon our tree will, too!

Tomorrow is letters to Santa. I found some cute printable stationery to use that other bloggers have graciously provided. Here's the link. If you use Google image search you can find more Letter to Santa print-ables.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...