Tuesday, June 15, 2010


Remember when I posted this nifty little idea? Well, little did I know that rip-stop nylon is $16 a metre at Fabricland and when I was there last time it was one of the few fabrics that was not included in their sale at the time. So, no ripstop nylon for us. But today I was reading someone's blog and they mentioned oil cloth and I thought I remembered seeing something about making your own oil cloth. So, Google to the rescue and I found this handy little tutorial by Burda Style. It's a little different from the one I remember reading earlier. This is not an authentic oil cloth. I think authentic oil cloth is actually oiled many times over. But I think this could be a much cheaper option to buying rip stop nylon to line the other side of a pretty fabric bowl cover.

1 comment:

Evelyn in Canada said...

Are tents made of rip-stop nylon? If so, I have a bunch of it. I couldn't bring myself to throw out the fly of an old tent after the zipper went on the main thing. Let me know if you want some of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...